This morning started out like most Saturday's for me. I woke up at 4:15 am. I got out of bed, grabbed my homework and my laptop and set down to study. It was just Max and me awake at this hour. The boys are at their dads this weekend and Alan and Nichole were sleeping soundly. I read some blogs and caught up on Facebook and then it was suddenly 7am. I did not want the day to get away from me as I had a plan for my morning.
Today is the day that I become a runner. I got up and put on my cute running pants and tennis shoes and my Arizona sweatshirt, and grabbed my Ipod and Max and headed out the door. It was cold this morning here. It was 39 degrees. I started out slow, but I ran a half of a block and then walked and then ran again and I continued to do this until I had ran 1/2 of the 3 mile walk course that I do. I was so proud of myself. I acutally did it and did not die. I arrived home and Max was tired. He ran well though, he stayed right my side, so close that his hair rubbed off on my pants. I love that dog!
So I am no longer a virgin to running and I actually did not mind it. I will say I am sore and stiff. But hey that will get better with time.
I came home from the grocery store to find that CAT nominated me for a blogger award!
Versatile: ver-sa-tile [vur-suh-tl] or, especially British, [vur-suh-tahyl]: capable of, or adapted for, turning easily from one to another various tasks, fields of endeavor, etc.: a versatile writer.
Word information source: www.dictionary.com
Here is how the award works:
1. You thank the person who presented you with the award.
2. You tell 7 things about yourself.
3. You award 15 other newly discovered bloggers.
Cat is an amazing woman. I found early this summer and loved reading her blog. She is really working the band and she is a great motivator. I just love her. I thank her for showing me the way to keep on track with her great posts and friendship.
1. I love Halloween, it is my favorite holiday and not just because it is my birthday. I love the costumes, the colors, the parties, the way people are so happy on this day. I have loved it since I was, well since I can recall.
2. I have been married for 32 years in March to one of the smartest, and patriotic men I have ever known. I am so proud of him for his nearly 30 years of service to our country. He is in the Air National Guard fulltime.
3. I have the most amazing grandsons, Adam(7) and Cole (5). They are literally what keep me from ever believing that I am 50 this year.
4. I have the best friend in the world. She and I have been friends since 1970 and we live less than a mile from each other still. We have been through everything together and we are closer than sisters could ever be. We have NEVER had a fight. She is beautiful.
5. I love my BAND. It has become my best friend. I am happy that I no longer see food as comfort, and that I truly am on my way to being healthier than I have ever been.
6. I love my blogging BOOBS. I am so thankful for them each and everyday. They keep me focused and honest. They give me strength to keep plodding along on my journey. Their wit and fellowship has really help me heal this past few months.
7. My favorite color is purple. I think it is a deep color that makes one think of love and richness of heart. I am a romantic. I am a very good singer, and I love to sing.
Now for the nomination of bloggers I have recently discovered:
Kelli over at kellibelliband
Nichole over at diaryfromfattothin
Jessica over at gatorgirl1231
Kelly over at banded-army-wife
If you have not found them check them out, they are really great reads! I love them all and look forward to following their journeys with them.
Have a great weekend!!