LilySlim Weight loss tickers

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Friday, May 11, 2012

Race for the Cure...then FINALS...and 2.5 MORE!!

My Stargazers will soon be open


Wow where has this week gone!  It was a busy one for me, I have finals next week, so I am rapping up the last of my homework, so that I can study.  I will be so glad this quarter is over.  I am taking the summer off and going to enjoy my time with my grandsons! I am anxious for my Stargazer lilies to open, they are getting closer.






Yesterday was my day off, and I was thinking about Grace over at Graces Fat Chance.  She was one of my roommates at BOOBS last year and she is an amazing woman.  She has come so far with her weight loss.  139 pounds is nothing to shake a stick at it my opinion.  Yesterday she had to have her band removed.  So another BOOB looses her band.  Please stop by and give her some moral support.  She is getting married in a few months and this was definitely not expected on the pre wedding agenda!


Tomorrow is the RACE FOR THE CURE!  I live in Peoria, IL where this race originated in 1983.  Susan Komen lived here and is buried here.  To say this event is huge here is an understatement.  Runner's from all over the world come to run in it, and walkers, well last year's race drew over 23,000 participants.  It is an incredible spectacle.  Having Kristie's mom (my best friend since we were 9) die of it in 1981 almost one year to the date, after Susan G Komen died, makes this an even more heartfelt event for my family and I.  My sister in law Rae Ann is a 5 year survivor!  I think most us know of someone personally that has been touched by this disease.  So tomorrow morning we dawn our tee's and tinnies, and head out with Adam and Cole and Alan and do this event.  I hope that next year, I can consider running it!


Adam 3 years old
Sunday is Mother's Day!  This is always a hard day for me.  Having lost Adam, I think of him so much around this time of year!  His birthday is the 30th of May (the actual Memorial Day).  He would have been 28 years old, which I cannot wrap my head around.  I get to share this day with my beautiful daughter Nichole and two grandsons Adam and Cole, which helps tremendously.  I also am blessed to be able to still share it with my own mother.  Who is the strongest woman I know.  She has had such a hard life, but she never let it stop her and she continued to be compassionate and loving and most of all caring.  After nearly losing her at Christmas this past year, I am so happy that she is doing well.










On the weight loss front, I am down 2.5 pounds this week.  ZUMBA ROCKS!!  Is about all I can say.  I am totally addicted to it.  I will tell all those sitting around wondering why they are not losing weight this.....get up and get  dancing ladies!  It is the most vigorous workout, and makes you think  some days that you might just puke!  When you are done, you feel like a million bucks.  Energy galore!  Yes my muscles are sore, but it is a GOOD sore!  I am getting stronger and at 50 years of age that is also a good thing.  Phentermine is helping with food cravings and hunger, as I still have none of those at all.  Head hunger is even under control.  I believe once you purge the processed and refined sugars out of your body, you no longer crave it!  I am finding it easier and easier to make healthful choices.


I am soooo stinking happy right now!


Happy Mothers Day to all of my BOOBS!  I miss you and cannot wait to see you all in September!

2 comments:

MandaPanda said...

Aaawwww...I am so glad you're so happy right now and another 2.5 down is amazing!!! Happy Mother's Day to you sweetie!

Jen said...

2.5 down is fantastic! congrats!
Happy Mother's Day..

Stargazers are so pretty!!