LilySlim Weight loss tickers

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Sunday, July 1, 2012

A week flew by








I cannot believe it has been a week since I posted on my blog.  I was pretty sick last week with the stomach flu for four days. I missed work, and did not go back until Friday.  


My desk was a nightmare!  I had a mile high stack of work that was waiting for me.


I was really glad it was one day, and I got a reprieve for the weekend.  


Yesterday Nichole graduated from College, and it was an amazing ceremony.  I really enjoyed the speaker and the message.  So proud of her, and the boys with her, seeing her was so special and I cried, and cried. I will post pictures later.


Neal sat next to me and he rubbed my shoulders.  What a great guy he is and best friend to her.


I had the most amazing NSV yesterday morning as I was getting ready to head to the Conference Center.  I could not decide on the dress I wanted to wear.  I looked through my closet and kept saying No, No.....till my hands were on my little Size M dress that I had bought last August as my GOAL dress.  I loved it and I wanted to one day be able to wear it.


Well I decided to put it on, and it slipped right on and actually fit.  Alan said I looked very nice, Nichole was already gone so I could not get her opinion.  She is always so honest with me about such things.  Alan is too.  So I felt confident in my dress.
  
It made the whole day worth it.  I know I have come a long way, but that was just icing on my cake.


Beth Ann my goddaughter's birthday was Friday.  We had made plans months ago to do dinner, and go see Magic Mike. She was so excited and we have known since almost day one of production that this movie was coming out.  Nichole, she and I love the men in this movie.  So it was only right we go and pay homage.  We had dinner, and wet to the Theater only to find all shows sold out, so we left and went to the other Theater in town and yeap SOLD OUT!  We bought tickets for the matinee showing yesterday afternoon, after graduation.


I have to tell you the eye candy was awesome, but the movie sucked!  It was sooo slow, I ended up texting during it.  I never do that!!!!  So ladies beware if you haven't seen it. I could have waited for DVD for this one.


So that was my week.  I am down 5 pounds this week.  I will take that any day.  I did not work out once, being sick kept me from it.  Back to ZUMBA tomorrow night with Jose~ it will kick my ass.


I have signed up to do my first 5k in Chicago a week and a half before BOOBS!  It is for Make A Wish and that is a huge charity close to my heart because of Adam.  I have to get my ass in gear and start training for it.





7 comments:

#fatfreefloozy said...

5 lbs is awesome in a week! Trying on something that has never fitted feels awesome! I wore a skirt to my brother's 30th that I bought in 1994! I didn't even care that it was a little outdated - I was so happy : )

RockBand Barbie said...

I started to go see that movie last night but had heard many say it sucked...so we went to see Madea instead.

Congrats on your NSV with your goal dress!! That's awesome!

JD said...

Boo for stomach flu! Glad you're feeling better... You go on that weight loss - I lost 5 pounds this week too! It's a good week! Hope this week is better, health wise!

DiZneDiVa said...

I agree with you about Magic Mike... It's a crime that a bunch of scantily clad gorgeous men couldn't save that movie, boring storyline, too slow moving, no chemistry between the characters... and not enough of the striptease and dancing that we all went for... I saw a free advanced screening but i still wanted to ask for my money back.

Mari said...

Very happy to hear of your NSV! Would love to see a pic! And 5lbs loss - you are doing so great my darling x

Rhonda said...

Glad you had a great week off, and so proud of Nichole, that's a big achievement!

Also, a size medium dress? You go, lady!

Rhonda said...

P.S. - Can't wait to see you at BOOBs!