LilySlim Weight loss tickers

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

BOOBS in 73 days!!!!! WOO HOO

I am so freaking excited that the planners are actually talking about BOOBS, because it has been on my mind.  So the first Challenge has been launched by Jen and Draz.  Go check it out, it begins today  BOOBS or BUST Challenge.







So, two Body Pump classes are now under my belt, and I will add a third this evening.  I have to tell you how strong I already feel.  YES, after just two classes I can tell a difference in my strength.  Isn't that incredible.  Who would have ever known. Yes, soreness is a part of it, but that is a good thing, because my muscles are working!  This means my metabolism is working and not dragging like a hog through a mud trough!  I love that I am pumping iron, I would never have believed that I would be able to clean and jerk anything.  Let alone do it for an hour. I am super proud of me!  I love getting healthy have I told you that lately?




I wanted to give you a quick update on Nichole, I am so freaking proud of her.  She is the incredible shrinking woman, no lie.  She has gone from 329 pounds in August of 2011 and today she is 274.8 pounds. Nichole is 5 feet 10.5 inches, so she is a tall woman, she looks fabulous!  She has done all the work, she is not banded.  She has changed her life, and in doing so her body is reshaping itself.  I love her zest for life right now it is infectious.  Her choices are fantastic, she gave up soda, she leaves the junk food alone, and even though on occasion will indulge with a glass of wine, or mixed drink, or piece of cake or pie, she is happy to eat clean in fact she will tell you she craves it!  I like how this happens to our bodies when we rid them of the crap!


I recall late last summer in the pool one workout day with her, and we were talking about my band.  I told her I wanted her to check into getting it.  I have to say I am so proud of her for proving to herself that she had what it took inside of her to follow the road to being more healthful.  She used to tell me that she could not run, well she is.  We are both signed up to do our first 5k in Chicago 10 days before BOOBS! She is also coming to BOOBS with me, so you all will get to meet her!


So for the nay Sayer's, and the people who say "I can't do that", or  "that doesn't work for me", or "how did you do it"!  The only way I see that weight becomes a non issue in your life after a lifelong battle with it, is to not give it control any longer.




If you are wondering how to do this.....well you have to incorporate not only clean living and eating, but you have to become more active than you ever have in your life.  Instead of coming home exhausted from work, I now come home and head to the gym, or outside to run or walk, or play with the boys.  It is so rare to find me sitting anymore.  I no longer have excuses for NOT doing it!  That is just plain and simple...no excuse!  If someone is not dying or dead already, I will no longer let it take precedence over my working out.


So I welcome the challenge for BOOBS 3.0 with both arms open wide.  I love to challenge myself, and this is a huge one.  


I am getting closer to my goal each and every day, and more importantly, I feel like a million bucks!  Yep, I am still 38 pounds away from my original goal, and yet I am thrilled to be where I am.  This morning I put on a size XL skirt that is an A-Line.  I have had this skirt for years, I love it!  I have not had it on my body in 10 years!  I kept my clothes that I loved, because one day I hoped to wear them again, this skirt is black, so it never goes out of style.  I feel amazing today!


It does not matter how quickly you finish, it matters that YOU FINISH!!  Never give up the fight!

6 comments:

Tina@The BanditGirl said...

love love love your blog! I can't wait to see if I can lift weights in a real live class with all the buff people!

jennxaz said...

Can't wait to meet you guys at BOOBS!

MandaPanda said...

Awesome NSV and what a motivating post! You and your daughter have done so well!

JD said...

So proud of you - your enthusiasm and positivity is so encouraging and inspiring - isn't being clean and healthy a great feeling? I'm a lot like your daughter in that I actually crave the healthy stuff!!! YUM!

Rhonda said...

You rock! Can't wait to see you again in 73 days! :)

Andrea said...

Just started following your blog. Looking forward to meeting you in Chicago!