LilySlim Weight loss tickers

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

ZUMBA Rocks!






I had my first class of Zumba (since before my band removal on 3-12-12), it was awesome!  I missed Jose`.  Nichole went with me and we laughed and had a great time.  My tenderness has all but gone now.  I will still get a twinge now and then but for the most part I am ok.


I have now lost the last of the 7 pounds that I had gained right before surgery.  Woo Hoo!  That made me happy.  I have not had any major side effects from the Phentermine.  Just a couple of sleepless nights.  Otherwise I am doing good.


I cannot believe the energy that this little pill gives me.  I also love never feeling hungry.  I really wish I could take it forever.  I know that I can't, but I am going to work my ass off while I am.  I literally have to remind myself to eat!  How awesome is that!


Easter was blessed at my house.  Mom spent the night, and we all went to sunrise service at church.  That was wonderful.  Cole loves church, he seems so relaxed and happy there.  I think that says a lot.  He loves the music and the pipe organ.




I have not heard one word from the surgeons office about their appeal of my surgery.  Humana did not cover it as they deemed it not medically necessary, as you may recall.  I am planning on calling them this week, to see what is happening.  We are a self funded company, so my HR department will be getting involved if I do not get somewhere with this on my own.  My supervisor told me that it was BS, that anyone around me, knew that my band should be removed.  The pain I was in alone was reason enough.  That pain resolved once the band was out, so what is Humana's problem.  I have no idea.


I have to say that I am not feeling very supported by my Surgeons office at this point in the game.  I quite frankly feel they dropped me flat.  Now, with that being said I have not seen or spoken to my actual surgeon,  for my follow up after surgery he was stuck in surgery and I had to see the APN. Heather was very hands on and had been since this all began with me, she is who unfilled my band.  She said that the band did need to come out and that she believes that I was probably beginning to erode.  She also said that all they needed to do was send a letter to the insurance.  So, we will see what my surgeon has to say when I go back on the 26th.  I know he is going to push Bypass and I will not be doing that.






My emotional state has been good, I have been trying to focus on finishing this blindingly hard quarter of school that I am in right now.  I am so glad that I took the summer off.  I am looking forward to not having to worry about school or homework for a few months.  


I also am enjoying my Thursdays off.  The ten hour days can get hard sometimes, but for the most part I worked them anyway just five days a week instead of four. Now I can take a day off and do something fun.  I am still working OT and coming in at 5am and working for four hours on Sat mornings.


I must get back to it! This is my really long day won't get home from class til 9:30pm tonight....ouch! 


7 comments:

vickyd said...

I'm so glad to hear that you are doing so well and yay for getting back to Zumba!!

Mar's kids said...

You sound so positive and determined - I'm so glad to hear that you're back to Zumba, too! Tomorrow's my first Zumba class since I was banded on March 2, and I can't wait to get back, either.

Keep up the great work, you're doing wonderfully! (and pooh on the insurance and your absent surgeon!)

Dawnya said...

Glad that you are back to Zumba.

Your insurance better make it happen. That is crazy.

Are you planning on having a revision surgery? I know you are not going to do the bypass, but are you considering the sleeve or having another band?

Catherine55 said...

You are doing so well! And Zumba is such a blast!! I wish we had a class nearer to me -- I love it!

MandaPanda said...

Good for you! 7 lbs on your own is fan-freakin- tastic! I hope the insurance stuff gets sorted out. I still have to call mine for Hubby's port revision from December. ugh!

Beth Ann said...

You are doing so fantastic! Keep on your surgeon.

Mari said...

Glad your mental state is good despite your surgeon's office being so unsupportive. Fingers crossed for you that things work out. xxx