LilySlim Weight loss tickers

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Monday, March 5, 2012

Manic Monday!!


Today is my gastric emptying study at 3:15pm.  I am not eating today, just because I do not want any food causing issues with this test on my part.


I see the surgeon tomorrow at 11:45 am and hopefully we will have answers and a plan.  Alan is going with me to both of these appointments.  I have completely accepted the loss of my band, and am ready to move on and do a revision.  The pain and uncomfortable feeling in my chest is reason enough for me.  It has been a month Thursday that this nightmare began for me.  Completely out of the blue, everything has been fine for the last 1,498 days since surgery, then BAM!  


No explanation, no reasons and frankly they have no idea why this is happening.  I have done my research.  I have read and educated myself  on the sleeve.  I have talked to my sweet Boobs Angela and Jacquie, I feel comfortable with revision.


I never thought I would ever say this, as my band was my best friend, but I am ready for the next chapter in this journey.  Staying busy trying to remain calm.


My last conversation with my surgeon on Thursday was better than the previous.  He knows what I want, he is an amazing surgeon, he has been doing bariatric procedures for over 25 years.  He has not done a revision from band to sleeve!  He does many sleeve operations and told me it is not a difficult surgery.  He did tell me that a leak with the sleeve can be worse that one with RNY.  He just wants me informed , he told me he would be an awful surgeon if he did not inform me of the risks that can actually happen.  I asked him if he has ever had a leak and he said merely this.  Yeap once, and the patient did not come back post op to have his drain removed, he waited nearly three weeks to come back.  So patient fault here in my opinion.


I know there is risk, but I am willing to follow all the rules and be a poster girl for this revision.


All for now.  Please keep Angela from Repair and Renovation in your prayers as she lost her father this weekend and is having surgery this week herself. 



6 comments:

Theresa said...

Best of luck, I'm waiting patiently to hear the outcome of the test!

Darlin1 said...

OMG..........TOO MUCH!

Wishing you all the best!

XO

MandaPanda said...

I just want to tell you how inspired I am by how you can continue to remain so calm, positive and productive through all this. You have a plan, you've done your research and I hope you get the absolute best results. :)

Stacey said...

Good luck with your test today, I will be thinking of you!

Steph said...

Please let us know how things go. I am so proud of how you are handling all this and I just know this is going to be a wonderful new chapter in your life!! Big hugs!!!

Lap Band Groupie said...

Kristin, so happy you're getting some peace of mind with all this. I know it will go smoothly.

I had esophageal spasms at one point, and ouch!

You're amazing and I admire your attitude! -LBG