LilySlim Weight loss tickers

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Monday, March 19, 2012

Monday - new day - new week!



I certainly have had a crappy couple of days.  I started getting this searing burning feeling about two inches to the side of my port scar on Friday and it continued all weekend.  It felt like something was ripping inside of me.  Fun stuff!


I am happy to report that it is subsiding finally and I believe that I have turned the corner on mending.  I am looking forward to feeling better and being able to work out.  Even just walking my three mile walk will be a great thing.  I am so tired, and I am sleeping quite a bit.


I got a letter in the mail today from my insurance company that they denied my band removal as not medically necessary, so now the process begins to find out why and what the Surgeon has to do to show that it was I guess.  All I know is that I had horrific pain and was having trouble eating and keeping things down and was vomiting after almost every meal, and I guess that was not enough for them.


I am glad that the pain in my chest has resolved and that the feeling in my throat has subsided as well.  I was fearful that those things would not go away when I had the surgery.  I did wait, this all began on the 8th if February and I did not have surgery til the 12th of March.  The problems were getting worse they were not resolving.


I have done a lot of thinking about all of this, since it began, as to why I had to lose the band, what was it all for.  I do believe that it taught me some great lessons.  I have learned how to live, and it is up to me to keep doing just that.  I can no longer choose to comfort myself with food and that I have to be mindful of what I put in my mouth and why I am eating.


I know that with the help of those who love me, I can get through this awful time when I never imagined I would ever find myself.  Now to deal with the insurance company just adds another layer of distaste to all of this for me.  The Dr was to get prior authorization for the band removal and should have so I have no idea what all of this means.  Even though I deal with medical insurance on a daily basis with my job with the Medical Group I know that these denial can be appealed, I just am tired and not wanting to have to deal with this on top of losing my band.  I mean really do they think that I WANTED to lose the band.


I have been reading the blogs, but have not been responding much, but I hope to get back in the swing of it soon.  I have to get caught up with school first.  I missed class last Tuesday night and so I have homework to do and am just now today feeling like doing it. 


7 comments:

Angela said...

You will get through this! I do find it curious that the surgery wasn't approved before they did it. Interesting...

Darlin1 said...

Take good care of yourself my friend!

XO

Cece said...

Hi Kristin ... I'll go back and read up on your situation but I do hope it gets resolved with as little pain (physical, mental, financial, etc) as possible. Take care. C

Dawnya said...

You will get through this...and come out on top. You have come so far and you will continue to be a success.

I'm kinda pissed the Dr. didn't do what was required of him...but it will all work out.

vickyd said...

Insurance companies drive me crazy...like you WANTED to lose your band!! I'm glad you're starting to feel better, sweetie.

MandaPanda said...

I'm sorry I've been MIA. I'm glad the surgery went well and you're OK. Insurance companies suck but I'm sure it'll all get worked out. Right now, try to focus on healing and feeling better. You WILL get through this and be just as successful as you would've been with the band. Thinking of you.

Steph said...

I wanted to let you know that I'm so glad you are doing better and I think you made the right choice in waiting on doing any sort of revision. You body will heal and then you can get back on track. Know we are all hear for you...even if I am no just getting caught up on reading blogs! Hugs!