LilySlim Weight loss tickers

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Saturday, July 30, 2011

July 5, 2011 First Fill In Two Years

This is the day I saw my surgeon for the first time in two years.  He was not happy with me at all.  He asked me why I had stopped coming and what on earth happened to me.  I was back on his scale at 275.  He said "I am here for you, to help you, we are a team".  Those words pierced me, I knew he was right.  I was angry with myself.  I told him all the excuses that I had for falling off the program.

He assured me that he would help me get back on track.  He gave me a fill in my band and added 1cc in my band and I have a total of 3cc's now.  I left his office feeling really good.  I sipped water for him and it just trickled through my band as in the days of old.

I knew that I was going to like the restriction.  I had been able to eat way too much food for a very long time.  I cannot even remember when that changed.  I had stopped logging my food long ago.  I had no idea what was going in my body anymore.  I had corrected my irritable bowel syndrome with the initial 80 pounds I lost and that had started up again.  I visited the gastroenterologist in April and he scheduled me for a endoscopy and colonoscopy.  He told me since I would be 50 this year that it was "time" to take a look and since I was having so many issues he thought it best.  I was having pain a burning in my stomach.  It was horrible.  It was not heartburn, I had not had any GERD symptoms since being banded.

I must tell you that I had no comorbidites before my surgery lest my nearly high blood pressure and BMI over 40.  I am a very healthy obese woman. I laugh at that statement.  I am trying to get back into weighing myself each and every day first thing in the AM after the "loo" and before my shower.  It is helping me to keep on track.

I weighed this morning and am at 257!  Woo Hoo

I am 20 pounds down since getting my fill......I am well on my way.

2 comments:

Justawallflower said...

That is great! And man, does it help to have a wonderful surgeon, one that will call you out on your bad habits, but will also be supportive and help you get back to where you need to be!

Kristin said...

He is an amazing man, he is world renown in Thoracic surgery and does the gastric surgeries as well. I really like that he gave me hell! But then added "We are a team".